I've learned a thing or two from the last nomination thread. And Ruth made some valuable suggestions recently. So please read the nominating rules carefully.

 

Pat had suggested that the challenges should be seasonal. And Ruth suggested that there should be a theme for each challenge period to limit the number of possibilities. Both are excellent suggestions. So I've chosen a category: Summer vacation. Now you need to nominate canvases that would fit in the category.

 

I'll close the nomination thread at the end of February. That should give our shop owners lots of time to order the challenge canvas prior to the start. And the challenge masters (whoever those will be the next time around) to study the canvas and create the rules. I know it seems like a long time, but it really is necessary.

 

Summer challenge period: June 1, 2012 to August 31, 2012.

 

Theme: Summer vacation. You may nominate a specific canvas or if there is a small series of related canvases, you can nominate the series.

 

Size limit: 100 square inches maximum, regardless of mesh count.

 

Specific canvases: please include the following information:

Designer

Canvas title or number

Approximate size and mesh count

Picture and/or link

 

If you like, you can include an impassioned plea for your nomination. :)

 

Colleen Church of The Needle Works (theneedleworks.com) has graciously volunteered to be one of the challenge masters for the summer challenge. If anyone else would like to volunteer, please let me (K.B.) know. 

 

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this time.

Views: 2030

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'll start the nominations.

 

Designer: Mary Lake Thompson (Melissa Shirley)

Canvas title/number: Garden flag/MLT129

Size/Mesh: 9 x 9 on 18

Link: http://melissashirleydesigns.com/galsearch/index.cgi?index=12109766...=

 Sorry, no picture. MSD's website won't let me copy the image.

Oh, found another one! This one just popped up on B&B. Very girly!

Designer: Elements

Canvas title: In the Good Ole Summertime

Size/mesh: 8 x 8 on 18

Picture/link: http://www.bedeckedandbeadazzled.com/details.php?pid=12218&pnam...

 

 

I love the Mary Lake Thompson (Melissa Shirley) canvas! Watermelon, flags, blue skies, and birds chirping! All the great sounds, flavors, and visuals that mark summertime! Great choice! I am sure the nominations will all be wonderful!

Glad you like it. As you can see, I really associate watermelon with summer. :)

Janet Simons said:

I love the Mary Lake Thompson (Melissa Shirley) canvas! Watermelon, flags, blue skies, and birds chirping! All the great sounds, flavors, and visuals that mark summertime! Great choice! I am sure the nominations will all be wonderful!

I have a nominee!  It's a small series called A Beach Lover's Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments which you can see at the link below.  They are hilarious and I think would make an interesting challenge to stitch.  For me, summer vacation means going to Florida as that is what we did when I was small.  I've emailed M's Canvashouse to get the prices, item numbers, dimensions, needlepoint canvas count and the designer name. I'll get back to you on this, Karen, as soon as I have the correct information.  For now, here is the slide show.  (These are not on M's website so I am going to have to email to find out the details.)  These could be done as individual ornaments with the numbers covered up, by the way.    Parrot Heads? Turtles in love?  Crabs carrying swags?  Pink Flamingos and a mermaid with her boom box?  A fish and bird with their Christmas balls?  Cracks me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxRfqmMmJ4I

 

 

They are cute.

Jane/Chillyhollow said:

I have a nominee!  It's a small series called A Beach Lover's Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments which you can see at the link below.  They are hilarious and I think would make an interesting challenge to stitch.  For me, summer vacation means going to Florida as that is what we did when I was small.  I've emailed M's Canvashouse to get the prices, item numbers, dimensions, needlepoint canvas count and the designer name. I'll get back to you on this, Karen, as soon as I have the correct information.  For now, here is the slide show.  (These are not on M's website so I am going to have to email to find out the details.)  These could be done as individual ornaments with the numbers covered up, by the way.    Parrot Heads? Turtles in love?  Crabs carrying swags?  Pink Flamingos and a mermaid with her boom box?  A fish and bird with their Christmas balls?  Cracks me up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxRfqmMmJ4I

 

 

I'm not able to paste the picture so here;s the link. Don;t know the size of it but it is 18 mesh and it is so so cute

http://www.raymondcrawford.com/designs/fish/index.html

It linked to the wrong picture. Oh computers, grrrr Let me try something else

Gotta love this lobster

This is item WW1. According to Needlepoint.com in North Carolina, it is 14 x 8 (112 sq. inches). :(
palma seljan said:

Gotta love this lobster

I love your lobster, K.B.  It's soooo beachy and happy and summery!

Actually, Palma nominated the lobster.  I love it too. I might have to stitch it just because.

Jane/Chillyhollow said:

I love your lobster, K.B.  It's soooo beachy and happy and summery!

I think it may be to big for a challenge but as you I may stitch it just because. I think we should order a canvas or one of those accessories that will read "Just Because". Kind of a motto, isn't it?

RSS

Sponsors

© 2014   Created by ruth schmuff.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service